Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Where to begin?



For anyone interested, in the hockey world no one is safe. I’m a small town girl who’s loved hockey her entire life. I never actually wanted the players. It was a love of the game for me. Keyword: WAS. I loved the game until one day the game (or it’s participants) started loving me. I was never popular, pretty or special in the eyes of the male population. I started working at a hockey rink so I could get free ice time. That’s it ladies and gentlemen, no ulterior motive for me. But in case you aren’t privy to this information, I’ll let you in on a little secret… hockey players practice at ice rinks. Gee, weird I know. Well, this little ice rink landed a whole bunch of college teams, from college teams it turned to ECHL teams, then the AHL team started practicing and that’s where my conquests began and my inhibitions were lost. One look on my lunch break and I fell hard and fast. There was this player who would walk by my office window every day after practice and wave, just wave. Not saying anything, just make eye contact and wave. Well a wave can mean a lot of things, I took it as a friendly hello. This went on for weeks until one day we bumped into each other outside. The rest is history, but this one player began a domino effect… and when the last domino hit the table and I finally gave in my world was turned upside down and reality ceased to exist. Stay tuned, because I took notes from day 1 and I’m ready for them to be read by all…

No comments:

Post a Comment