Saturday, December 18, 2010

No place like home for the holidays...

Home for me is a hockey rink and yes I can be seen as shameless since I just got home from meeting RS and I'm still jet lagged/sleep deprived/grumpy as fuck but I'm doing laundry so I can meet my hockey "friend" after his game tonight. Yes, I've slept with this friend but this time around he's merely just a friend. When I was dating Mr. Right #1 I learned a lot as a person. In the end, I didn't get a lot out of the relationship but I can say that I made quite a few solid friends. One of these friends was Mr. Right #1's room mate, they ended up hating each other and he ended up loving me- as friends. Friends help friends and when things ended with Mr. Right #1, hockey guy helped me physically by fucking my brains out as a mental distraction. Obviously, I need not forget what hockey sex is all about right? The thing about hockey sex, is once you've had it... there is nothing else like it. I don't know what they teach them up in Canada but these guys can definitely use more than one stick like a pro.

So the point of this blog is to share with you my experience within the hockey world. Well, hockey players are notorious for getting what they want. Thus, despite my protests me fucking Mr. Right #1 before our first date actually went down. Nothing like strolling into a nice restaurant with sex hair and a lopsided smile that says "I just got fucked doggy, what have YOU done today". No shame.

I don't care how many message boards you read (I've read my fair share of them and been posted on them all the same, you learn to develop a thick skin). I was brought up to be a friendly girl, talk to everyone etc. I could make friends with a wall- I swear. Hockey girls are a family and in the AHL (where Mr. Right #1 started) they aren't the nicest girls... Insert entry here:

January 26th
Game night: Round 2. Walking into the arena, I’m sure to give Joe Regular the stink eye. I mean he gave it to me when I didn’t have a ticket the previous week. Well this week I had a ticket and a “backstage pass”. My first game, I was naïve. The players “girls” have there own specific section. They are very much like a sorority with initiation rituals, hazing methods and plain old lack of friendliness for new members. The girls are a tight knit group who rely on each other as family since they often are from all over the country; even the world. Now, my first game I sat by myself in the corner of the section and spoke to no one. It’s not that I didn’t go unnoticed. I received curious glances and glares. Was it protocol to be unfriendly? Was I too destined to be a bitch? 

When you're in a new enviroment, its usually easier when someone at least gives you a smile. The only time I've ever felt truley comfortable in the hockey world is when I had a player to shield me from everything but the two of us. I'm thankful for the ability to fuck em' and leave em' without having to be scrutinized by everyone. My initiation into the cult: 
February 3rd
Being with a hockey player is a profession all on its own. I’ve given you the background on how Mr. Right #1 and I met and I’ll be the first to admit that being part of the world looked like a walk in the park. The other wives and girlfriends felt privileged and they acted that way as well. I found out rather quickly why it was easier to be a bitch than a nice girl. Tonight was the first team event that I attended as a girlfriend. It was called Billiard Ball and it was one of many events hosted for fans to meet the players. Have you ever been hated by someone and not know why? Well, congratulations. I’ve been hated by 39 people in one night (I counted) and all because I showed up with the player that they loved. Most people wouldn’t take this to heart, I’m not most people. I was devastated to be grouped in with the other girls and became determined to befriend fans and make them realize hating me didn’t have to be the only option. This plan eventually backfired, since once the fans started liking me; the other girls started disliking me even more. I guess it really is true. You can’t have your cake and eat it too. 

You pray for the player to love you, because sometimes that's the only anchor that keeps you from floating into the abyss... 

PS. Someone sent me this video and I think it's too adorable NOT to share it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzad9-Z0oTU&feature=player_embedded

1 comment:

  1. another great update! I liked hearing about the other girlfriends and it doesn't surprise me that they were mean to you. looking forward to your next update, hope it's soon!

    ReplyDelete